CONTENT OF THE KIT
- Test cassette
- Sterile safety lancet
- Alcohol pad
- Carefully follow the instructions exactly.
- Only use supplied materials.
- Wash the hands thoroughly to avoid contamination of the specimen. Contamination may cause erroneous result.
- This kit is for in vitro use only. Do not swallow.
- Discard after first use. The test can only be used once.
- Do not use test kit beyond the expiration date.
- Do not use the kit if the pouch is punctured or not well sealed.
- Keep out of children's reach.
STORAGE AND STABILITY
- Store at 4°C to 30°C in the sealed pouch up to expiration date.
- Keep away from sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Use the test shortly after opening the pouch.
- When the test have been stored in a cold room, wait for it to reach room temperature (10 - 30°C).
- Open the pouch and place the cassette on a level surface.
- Clean the area to be lanced with the alcohol pad. Wait for the area to dry completely (do not blow on it).
- Use the safety lancet and pipette. The safety lancet can only be used once.
Twist off the green protective cap, and then pull it straight out
Press the lancet firmly against the puncture site to activate the device
Gently apply intermittent pressure near the puncture site to obtain the required blood volume
Squeeze the pipette together and collect blood by slowly releasing the pressure.
- Add Three drops of blood to the round well of the cassette.
HOW TO INTERPRET THE RESULT
Read the test result after 25 minutes. Do not read the result after 30 minutes.
Positive (Herpes infection):
Colored lines are visible in the control region and the test region. This means that infection by Herpes has been detected.
There is no meaning attributed to line color intensity or width.
Negative (No Herpes infection):
One colored line is visible in the control region and no colored line in the test region. This means that no Herpes infection was detected.
No visible band at all, or there is a visible band only in the test region but not in the control region. The most common reason for this is that the instructions have not been followed exactly.